Dear MYHA Community:
We hope our hockey families are enjoying the summer and that all are well. Many thanks to our summer skaters who have been participating in our Thursday night Revere-Cronin skill sessions.
MYHA has shown well as a community with solid adherence to FMC facility protocols, such as:
• Wearing face coverings into the rink
• Serving up requested and signed hard copy COVID-release forms
• Keeping social distance inside the rink both off the ice and on the ice
• And of course, skating and practicing hard!
Thank you All. These summer ice sessions will pay dividends later this season. A quick shout out and well-deserved appreciation to our parents for driving our participants and to our steady, committed, volunteer Coaches.
Above all, our participants’ health remains our driving concern. And… our participants also crave/need exercise, a social outlet, practice structure, and ideally competitive play in some form.
Fortunately, and after much anticipation (and alternative scenario planning by MYHA Board of Directors including monthly out of state competitive play and alternative facility weekly practice ice) Massachusetts and MA Hockey yesterday released updated guidelines for youth sports, including hockey.
The great news is that hockey is back, and competitive games may begin in MA as early as next week as long as new MA guidelines are met. The MYHA Board of Directors will partake in an online call this Monday evening with MA Hockey and the VHL to learn more about the new guidelines and competitive format.
That said expect the following:
• No-check, minimized contact
• Ubiquitous face coverings for all and trace contact information required
• Social distancing everywhere
• More details here: https://fmcicesports.com/uncategorized/updated-massachusetts-guidelines-ice-hockey-return-to-play/
In our new-new-everyday environment, while adhering to evolving state and facility guidelines, and with a focus on keeping our members safe and comfortable, we will continue to strive to deliver as positive an on-ice hockey experience as possible as we move towards and through the 2020/21 season.
A few key updates:
• Lynn-Connery will not likely open as scheduled on August 18th
• We are awaiting communication on Lynn FMC facility-opening dates
• So… our official season start will be pushed out – TBD
• Accordingly, we will shift our anticipated warm-up practice week and a scaled down tryout format to future dates pending ice-sheet/facility availability
• As needed, Marblehead Sport Shop is doing appointment-based fittings. Signup Genius here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DAEAE22AAFFC52-myha – bring pads for jersey/sock fittings
- All members of the full-season U14 Hollyhock team will need jerseys
Please stay close to our new website and sign up for TeamSnap/App to receive MYHA calendar updates.
Many thanks – hope to see you on the ice (or in the parking lot) soon!
John Payne – President MYHA, and MYHA Board of Directors