Why Youth Hockey vs. Club Hockey
There are many advantages to playing town youth hockey vs. playing on a traveling club hockey team. If the town in which one lives has a strong program then the majority of players will be better served by staying in town. Many years ago, playing club hockey meant that you were an elite player. There is a lot of money to be made in club hockey so over the past 10 years there has been a tremendous uptick in club teams thus watering down the talent level. There are rare instances where club hockey can offer an advantage, but those cases are VERY rare.
- Marblehead Youth Hockey has an equal time playing policy.
- Work with coaches that are invested in the community.
- Local practices at Salem State and Lynn vs. traveling over an hour to practice.
- Focus on fundamental development vs.only winning.
- Youth hockey is considerably less expensive than club hockey.
- Play with schoolmates and friends.
- Opportunity to play in the St. Lambert Tournament.
- The Valley Hockey League has parity rounds to find the correct level of play for each team.
- Opportunity to play in local tournaments as a team.
- Invest in the community that invests in you.
- Develop lifelong parent and player friendships.
Ability to play on VHL All-star team in the NEHL league: http://www.thenehl.com/